segunda-feira, setembro 12, 2005

And now for something completely different.
Dois pensamentos, sem qualquer ligação, vindos do outro lado do atlântico.

"I met this girl, she looked like Axl Rose
Got drunk and took her home and we slept in our clothes
In the morning put my feet on the floor and thought
Being awake never felt like this before
And Julianne y'know she wouldn't approve
Talked all day on the phone 'cause I had nothing to do
Got rid of Axl by the afternoon
Being awake never felt so clear and blue
That's all I knew

Guess that I was innocent too
I'll sing a song and it won't be the blues
Cause I don't miss Julianne(...)"

de "Julianne" por Ben Folds (Five), 1995

"(...) The only life giving answer is to divorce one self from society, to exist without roots, to set out on that uncharted journey into the rebellious imperatives of the self. In short, whether the life is criminal or not, the decision is to encourage the psychopath in oneself."

de "The White Negro: superficial reflections on the hipster" por Norman Mailer, 1956